We are the largest driving school in the Pittsburgh area, having taught thousands of students. Our vehicles are checked regularly, instructors have regular background checks, and the quality of education is top-notch. Founded by a Pittsburgh mom, we make no compromises when it comes to safety on the road.
We have years of experience teaching students how to become safe drivers. We work with any student whether they have never driven behind the wheel or have many hours driving experience. Instructors have experience teaching students how to drive in all types of weather conditions, including snow, rain, and fog. In addition, we have a system that instructs students how to easily parallel park. Pittsburgh driving training includes: vehicle control, control of the wheel, accelerator, brakes, awareness of intersections, getting the whole picture, our easy method of parallel parking, highway and mirror skills, school bus safety, the steer clear law.
Services We Offer:
- Behind The Wheel Driving Lessons Around Pittsburgh
- Adult & Teen Brush-up Lessons
- Online Theory Classes
- Fleet Drivers Brush-up Lessons
- Driver’s Education Classroom
- Advanced Lessons for Licensed Drivers
- Private Tutoring for the Knowledge Test
- Corporate Programs & Rates
- Senior Citizen Evaluations
- Online Driver’s Ed Classes
- Defensive Driving Course
- Teaching of Smith System and S.I.P.D.E. System
- Pennsylvania Road Test
- An Easy Method to Parallel Parking
- Proper Parking Techniques
- Mock Driving Test
(instructor shows student similar route used by their local DMV during a road exam for the license – feedback is provided)
Behind The Wheel – 90 Minute Lesson ($95)
These are examples of lessons we teach behind the wheel. We can teach separate lessons if you need to work on a specific area. You do not need to purchase all four lessons.
Examples of our driving lessons:
- First lesson will consist of vehicle control, brakes and gas control, wheel control, hand over hand technique, awareness of intersections, signs etc.
- As long as the student has mastered the first lesson, the second lesson teaches parallel parking and learning how to control the vehicle in a small, confined area.
- Third lesson will be learning to drive on the highway, proper use of the mirrors, lane changes and a trip to Pittsburgh International Airport. Alternate routes are used when the airport is not accessible.
- The fourth lesson is a practice test at the Department of Motor Vehicles in Penn Hills, Allison Park, Bridgeville, Greensburg, or New Kensington. To use our company cars for the exam, the student needs to be approved by one of our instructors.
Your Insurance Company May Reduce Your Rate Upon Completion of Cindy Cohen School of Driving
Our Pittsburgh School of Driving offers a certificate for drivers who complete a minimum of 6 hours of driving instruction and a 30-hour online course. This certificate may reduce your insurance costs.